Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday

He has been gone four years and my heart aches still.  How do you carry a child and forget?  I hear his laughter, see him in the yard and watch the drive for his motorcycle.  And my heart is pierced knowing this will never be.  The first year I needed to know... why my son?  Then I knew the answer would never come. And had it, the pain would still be there.

Today is his birthday.  Only thirty-seven when he left this earth.  He didn't know on his birthday four years ago that in a month he would die.  Do they have birthdays in heaven?  I don't know.  But my mother's heart remembers.

I heard someone say today that God can interrupt your life anytime He wishes, because He is God.
And I am believing that this interruption is part of His plan for my life and my son's life.

Jeffrey Mark Hood who is loved beyond words is missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment